Maplewood and AARP have teamed together and will be providing a Driver Safety program on Thursday, November 7, 2013, 8 a.m. – noon at Maplewood, 245 Sycamore St., Sauk City. As the name implies, the class will help you become a safer driver and is geared toward seniors.
In the four hour course, you will learn:
- To manage dangerous blind spots.
- Proper following distance behind another car
- Safe ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections.
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes.
- How to manage the effects of aging on driving.
- How to eliminate distractions while driving.
- Effects of medications on driving.
The public is invited to attend. Registration is required. Call 608-643-3383 to RSVP. The cost is $12 for AARP members, $14 for non-members. Pay by check the day of the class. Participation may earn you an insurance discount, check with your insurance carrier.